He joined ISKCON in 1973, inspired by the political activism of the In God We Trust Party for Purified Leaders, organized by members of ISKCON. He is a member of the Governing Body Commission and head of the Ministry of Educational Development. He served as the temple president of both Washington, D.C. and Philadelphia; as the Managing Editor of Back to Godhead magazine; and as the North American Secretary of the Bhaktivedanta Book Trust. He attended the United States Military Academy and later received a degree in Political Science from the State University of New York, Albany. In 1991 he earned a Juris Doctor degree from the UCLA School of Law. He lives in Alachua, Florida, with his wife and two daughters.
To provide Krishna conscious education of high quality to everyone through temples, educational institutions and various global initiatives.
To develop comprehensive educational systems globally, that foster higher spiritual values, fulfill the needs of ISKCON members and the larger society and bring about excellence in all areas of human life.
- Empowering and supporting educational initiatives and collaborations among educators, educational institutions and professionals.
- Establishing and monitoring high standards of Vaisnava education.
- Supervising the development and execution of educational plans and ensuring they are delivered to high standards.
- Understanding and fulfilling the educational needs of the Krsna conscious families.
- Making every temple as an educational centre and a centre of excellence.
Immediate Goal: Start Connecting Educators & Educational Initiatives World Wide
- NOT to interfere but to facilitate
- Act NOW rather than repent LATER
- Be in the quadrant of NOT-URGENT Important than URGENT Important
- As much as possible utilize the knowledge base & resources for the benefit of the devotee community
- Support and promote local educational initiatives.
- Conduct a survey of your temple and congregational devotees to find out your local educational needs.
- Have your educational initiatives endorsed by the MOE.
- Be part of the Ministry volunteer team & help us connect all educational initiatives.
- Send information/news reports to the MOE website for circulation.
- Identify an educational officer for your temple.
- Identify a regional educational representative form your zone.
- Become part of our educational network.