Bhaktivedanta Learning Outcomes
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the detailed content, sequential overviews, key pastimes and themes of Srimad Bhagavatam, the Bhaktisastri texts, the works of our previous Acharyas, and appropriate broader religious, philosophical and scholarly resources, for application in students personal development, in ISKCON and in society at large.
Learning Outcomes To Be Assessed
Candidates will be able to:
- Recite from memory, with adequate pronunciation, and explain the logical, philosophical and thematic significance of key verses from Srimad Bhagavatam Cantos 1-12 and the Bhaktisastri books with analysis of specific word meanings.
- Present the entire Bhagavata philosophy based upon logic, knowledge, understanding and realisation of key verses.
- Explain, in depth, philosophical concepts from Srimad Bhagavatam logically and systematically, demonstrating competent speaking/writing /presentation skills, in a way that is accessible to people in general and variety of audiences including authorities in the fields of philosophy, religion, theology, science, literature.
- Evaluate difficult sections and statements of the Srimad-Bhagavatam and explain them in a relevant manner both to devotee audiences and to the general public, according to time, place, and audience.
- Produce well-researched material, presented with logic and comprehensive analysis, suggesting practical application of the principles of the Srimad Bhagavatam from different perspectives, relevant for the worldwide ISKCON community, and beyond, and should serve as a ready reference material on that topic.
- Present fully the theistic views of the Bhagavatam in defiance of all other systems, when appropriate.
- Evaluate application of the principles Srimad Bhagavatam in ISKCON, and ascertain the consequences for ISKCONs present and future.
- Explain details of Vaisnava culture and behaviour, and the importance of its application, with reference to Srimad Bhagavatam
- Explain how Srila Prabhupada’s Srimad Bhagavatam translations and purports give insight into his mission.