ISKCON Ministry of Education
Hanumatpresaka Swami, General Editor
Aja-govinda Das, Managing Editor
Featured Articles Include:
Featured Articles Include: 2020 ISKCON Global Conference of Devotee Attorneys // Sixth Annual Bhaktivedanta Medical Association Conference // Goloka Community School - New Goloka, Hillsborough, North Carolina // Goswami Academy – Houston, Texas, USA // NIOS (North American Institute for Oriental and Classical Studies) //
Featured articles include: // The W.R.I.T.E Service: Five Reasons to Write in Devotional Service by HG Caitanya Carana Das // Quotes on Srila Prabhupada's Instructions on BTG by HG Gopika Radhika Devi Dasi. // Kollege and Krishna by Sugopi-radha Devi Dasi // Lil' Krishna Kidz Annual Festival
Featured articles include: Highlights of the first MOE International Education Symposium // Launch of MOE's online platform // Brief outline of the MOE Philosophies of Education book project // Highlights from the ISKCON Sastric Degrees Symposium and Bhaktivedanta Medical Associations 5th Annual Conference.
In the words of our guest editor, H G Radhika Ramana Prabhu: This issue of Viplavah focuses on higher education, including articles by accomplished scholars and devotees who have dedicated much of their careers to developing tertiary education. This issue includes thoughtful articles on philosophical topics such as music education, Sankhya and science, and philosophy of education.
Featured articles include Rasamadala Prabhu discussing the need for a philosophy of education within ISKCON, a report on MOE's participation in ILS 2018, the ministry's new operating structure, education within the community of New-Vraja Mandala, Spain, and much more.
The theme of this issue being book distribution, it features related articles such as Srila Prabhupada's quotes on education and book distribution, and focus on education and book distribution in ISKCON Silicon Valley and ISKCON Pune. Also featured is an article by Urmila Devi Dasi on the philosophy of education and an update on MOE meeting at Ujjain in Karthik.
GUIDELINES for submission
A. Ask yourself these questions:
- Is the overall theme of the article clear?
- Is the topic of the article suitable for Viplavah Journal?
- Is this relevant to the contemporary audience and written for them?
- Does the article flow logically? Are the transitions clear and natural?
- Is there extraneous material that should be cut or made into a sidebar?
- Does my / our voice sound intelligent and reasonable, rather than naive or fanatical?
- Is this article serving at least one purpose of ISKCON?
- Is the matter relevant, contemporary and yet presenting a Vedic idea?
- 1500 words without figures.
- Each figure / photograph / graphic shall be counted at the rate of 200 words / item. Commensurately the wordings will be adjusted.
- For example if you have two pictures, then the word count would be 2500 - 2x200 = 2100 Words.
- Please use Tahoma 12 size font only.
- Please use English (USA or UK) as default language.
- Use “Left Justified”; 1-inch margins on all four sides.
- Please Spell & Grammar check the article before submitting (preferably set to English-US or English-UK).
- Clearly cite scriptural references. Please cite references if you are using them and follow a uniform style of referencing such as:
Gingell, John and Christopher Winch (eds.) (2008) Philosophy of Education: The Key Concepts. Abingdon: Routledge.
Halstead, J. Mark (2012) “Faith Schools” in L. Philip Barnes (ed.) Debates in Religious Education, 98-108. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Should be legible, readable and of decent resolution for publication.
If you would like to subscribe to our newsletter, please enter you email address