Srila Prabhupada Books are the most widely read Spiritual Books in the World.
Significantly increase the regular readership of Srila Prabhupada books amongst devotees.
How can you help?
• Personally, read more of Śrīla Prabhupāda’s books every day.
• No book? Not to worry, we have for you complete videos of Bhagavad-Gītā As It Is and Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, with full purports and reflections by HH Keshav Bharati Das Goswami. Click here to access those.
• If you prefer to read live with others then you can participate in online reading club within your community or join an already established one.
• All leaders are requested to read more every day and to inspire their community to participate in online reading groups of Śrīla Prabhupāda books and to establish new readings groups so that everyone can get the opportunity to participate.
There is no doubt that Śrīla Prabhupāda’s books are the world’s saving grace especially at this time of crisis. Thousands have already taken shelter of them and seen their lives transformed positively.
Why not transform yours and your loved ones lives too?
All glories to Śrīla Prabhupāda!
Enhancing the Culture of Reading Srila Prabhupada’s Books Globally
(Proposed by Srivas Das (BTS) and Tapana Mishra Dasa (BVKS) and sponsored by Sesa Das and Prahladananda Swami)
Whereas at the 2015 Sanga of GBCs, Gurus and Sannyasis, it was noted that a survey had revealed that less than 17% of ISKCON leaders read Srila Prabhupada’s books regularly;
Whereas at the 2017 edition of the SGGS it was also felt there should be a worldwide effort to increase reading of Srila Prabhupada’s books;
Whereas Srila Prabhupada had many times emphasized the importance of his books and requested the leaders of ISKCON to read his books and train others to systematically study his books;
Whereas Srila Prabhupada had declared on a number of occasions; “I am very glad to know that you are reading our literatures and you are very thoughtful about them”;
Whereas Srila Prabhupada had repeatedly told his disciples “In my books the philosophy of Krishna Consciousness is explained fully so if there is anything which you do not understand, then you simply have to read again and again”;
Whereas Srila Prabhupada cautioned his followers to daily employ their intelligence, by reading, discussing and preaching to others, in order to in order to keep our minds and actions pure;
Whereas there is the need to bequeath to future generations of ISKCON a culture of diligently reading Srila Prabhupada’s books, so as to prevent speculations and concoctions;
Whereas by reading Srila Prabhupada’s books regularly, present and future generations can gain Srila Prabhupada’s divine association
The week leading up to Śrīla Prabhupāda’s arrival in America be declared “Srila Prabhupada’s Book Reading Week.”
- During this week ISKCON centers are encouraged to highlight the importance of reading Srila Prabhupada’s books in all lectures, addresses and discussions.
- During this week ISKCON leaders are encouraged to inspire devotees under their care to read Śrīla Prabhupāda’s books by organising orientation sessions and seminars on how and why to read Srila Prabhupada’s books regularly and systematically.
- New programs may be introduced that will encourage and allow congregation devotees to take up the reading of Srila Prabhupada’s books enthusiastically.
Compiled by Gauranga Das and Rasikraman Das.